aleo diet is a way of eating started in 1970’s by the gastroenterologist Walter L. Voegtlin – with the advocacy of staying away from the foods which causes the diseases of civilization like Diabetes, High Blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, Osteoporosis, and even Cancer. It stays away from consuming artificially prepared, and Post Paleolithic age food like refined sugars, processed and refined oils.
As to whether it can make you slim and healthy – this is still a question not yet answered and proven through years like the other diets. What we now is that it is one way of living that has a primary goal. So if you are interested you might be asking on, how can I create my own Paleo meals? Hard rules that I must not break, and tips to sustain it for a long time? Yes, here are some key points to remember for Paleo diet.
• Vegetables and Fruits are allowed. Ever since the world was created, these foods can be gathered manually, resulting for it to be a valid food for Paleo diet. It acts as the main Carbohydrates and Sugar source of the person who will decide to enter this eating regimen. Also, it introduces tons of fiber that is beneficial to the body- specifically to the digestive system.
• Meat – all-you-can. For hunters or carnivores out there, this diet is right for you. You can eat all the chicken, beef, and pork you want. It serves as a fabulous source of Protein which promotes muscle growth and repair.
• Stay away from refined sugars, dairy products and processed oils – these are post Palaeolithic age foods that just causes obesity.
• Egg is allowed – of course, the famous by-product of chicken, egg is allowed for this. Stock a few in your refrigerator to serve as an easy hunger quencher
• Have a healthy heart and eat fish – since our ancestors, catch fish before, we are also allowed to eat it in this diet.
After knowing the basic rules, now let us discuss on the preparation of your Paleo meals. Technically, you can combine the foods mentioned based on your mood and creativity. There’s no limit or a required ratio, so all you need to know is how to prepare each major classification.
For the fish, most will like it to be grilled – so you can preserve the freshness by cooking it right away. You can either simply put salt in it, or use some spices and soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper to create a sizzling fish. Yummy!
For meat, it is better if you can cook in steak style, and pour in some gravy and sauce to add flavour
Vegetables and Fruits can serve as a great dip for your meat; likewise, it can also be tossed and turned to be a fresh salad! Combine it with fish to create one full and healthy Paleo meal.